Old 24-12-2008, 01:59 AM posted to aus.gardens
Barbara[_2_] Barbara[_2_] is offline

Default rural couriers (was cheap lawn aeration)

Jeßus wrote:

Oh David - don't get me started...

I have ONE courier who delivers to my door - as long as you make
several STD phone calls over a period of a week AND only if it suits
them.

In the few months that I have lived here, I could write a small
paperback on the trials and tribulations of dealing with couriers
here. This is one industry which seems to lead a very charmed life.
Most engage in outright theft here, IMO

Do you live in a rural out of the way area?

Do you realise couriers have to do more than just your delivery, to make
money? Fuel certainly isn't cheap these days and neither is labour.
If it takes extra time to get to where you are, it means they can't get to
other places and so let other people down.
Are you there all the time to take delivery? Nothing more annoying to go out
of the way only to find no one is there to take delivery/pay COD etc and so
then have to make a return delivery.
People who move from urban areas to rural areas and expect the same service
as town dwellers and expect the deliveries for the same price are extremely
annoying.
I could volumes on the stupidity and lack of common sense of people and what
they expect of couriers/carriers.

(also why do you post in HTML)?