Old 24-12-2008, 03:25 AM posted to aus.gardens
Barbara[_2_] Barbara[_2_] is offline

Default rural couriers (was cheap lawn aeration)

Jeßus wrote:
Do you live in a rural out of the way area?

Yes, definitely rural and out of the way.

Do you realise couriers have to do more than just your delivery, to
make money?

Goodness, why no Barb... I hadnt thought of that.

Fuel certainly isn't cheap these days and neither is labour.

Indeed... Queenslanders are notorious for the lowest wages anywhere.

Goodness but you live in the past.

If
it takes extra time to get to where you are, it means they can't get
to other places and so let other people down. Are you there all the
time to take delivery? Nothing more annoying to go out of the way
only to find no one is there to take delivery/pay COD etc and so
then have to make a return delivery.

Do you have *anything* to say beyond the bloody obvious?

I have lots to say, but it's off topic.

People who move from urban areas to rural areas and expect the same
service as town dwellers and expect the deliveries for the same price
are extremely annoying.

Who expects the same service - and why would they? How insulting. Go
**** yourself Barb.

I have no need to, I'm married.

I could volumes on the stupidity and lack of common sense of people
and what they expect of couriers/carriers.

I cringed when I saw your name in this thread, realising what you do
(or did)

Still do and have done so for 18 years now, I've heard/seen it all, though
it must be pointed out I own a carrying business, not a courier business.

I'm not sure there is much point taking the time to counter or answer
the raher obvious and insulting points you made Barb.

If it's all rather obvious why the whining? I deal with people like you all
day long.
Insulting....? well go up a few paragraphs, seems you've caught
Peterlucasitis.

All I will say is - NO amount of checking, asking or even pre-empting
possible scenarios in advance results in these courier companies
giving you the truth BEFORE commiting to using them. This makes it
very, very difficult to convince business that you will have
significant problems actually obtaining your parcel until its too late
. Notice I said 'obtain' and NOT actually having it delivered.

I've heard it all before from these so-called couriers.

The key problem - as I have said - is that they have both the goods
AND payment in advance. They have no incentive to deliver, or at least
deliver in a timely fashion.

Total crap, most courier companies rely on word of mouth advertising and if
they are contracted to a large company to do their deliveries, well they
bloodywell go out of their way to keep them happy, that means keeping the
receiver happy too.

3.5 weeks for a parcel to travel 200KM is a joke, as is being charged
extra for delivery to my town compared to their depot, only to find
that they don't deliver to my town - ever.

Extremely hard to believe, perhaps you're fudging a little *or* the company
sending the goods is having a lend of you, an extremely common occurrence,
it's always easier to blame the courier. I deal with that one on a daily
basis.Companies promise goods, say they've been sent, when they haven't and
then blame the courier for not delivering them....I have a thousand stories
I could tell on that subject.

Anyway, no point arguing with you about this, is there?

No