Old 24-12-2008, 06:08 AM posted to aus.gardens
Barbara[_2_] Barbara[_2_] is offline

Default rural couriers (was cheap lawn aeration)

Jeßus wrote:
On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 13:25:58 +1000, Barbara wrote:

Oh, so it's gone up by $1 per hour now, has it? Wow...
Even in rural Tasmania, wages are higher in general, this specific
subject has been brought up twice already since I moved here last
April by people who've also lived and worked in QLD.

Small businesses in S.E are the worst I've come across anywhere in the
country for being notorious tight-arses, who expect the world for a
pittance from their employees. You can't take anything remotely
critical of QLD either, I noticed. The summer weather is horrible in
S.E QLD as well. Makes Darwin or Cairns look like Antartica by
comparison.

Wayne, you're really slipping into Lucus mentality now, the above statements
are just not right, you may have convinced yourself otherwise, but in doing
so you are only doing a Lucas.

I'm not sure there is much point taking the time to counter or
answer the rather obvious and insulting points you made Barb.

If it's all rather obvious why the whining?

Are you dense, or what? Its your comments which state the rather
obvious. Idiotic shit such as: "People who move from urban areas to
rural areas and expect the same service as town dwellers and expect
the deliveries for the same price are extremely annoying"

And so it is.

I deal with people like you all day long.

Yeah, and believe me it's showing. "You people" etc. You've got that
bitter, sour attitude which is so typically behind these problems to
begin with. The ****ing /hide/ of me, wanting to know when or how to
obtain goods I have paid for, eh?! Or even *if* I'll ever get the
goods *at all*, as in one case (which never did arrive).

Yes I know, that's why I've been in business for 18 years, let me
reiterate...no one would stay in business if their attitude was what you
say.

Sometimes I've even had the gall to ask why they've charged the extra
to deliver to my town, even though they subsequently state that they
won't even deliver to my town, and I have to travel the 280KM
round-trip to pick it up at their Launceston depot. The ****ing nerve
I have, hey? Yeah... "people like you" indeed.

Any one who had such a policy would not be in business too long.

Oh... and NO refund on the price difference, of course. They "can't
issue refunds". How is this acceptable in your eyes? Oh... I'm just
"making it all up", right?

In much as the same manner of your wild statements about living conditions
in SE Qld, no doubt.

Insulting....? well go up a few paragraphs, seems you've caught
Peterlucasitis.

Go **** yourself bitch. You insulted me - I'll insult you right back.

Heh....very thin skinned of you, seeing insults that aren't there.

You come in here and try to tell *me* that my own experiences never
happened. And you wonder why I consider it an insult?

No, I merely pointed out that, as always, there's two sides to a story, you
took umbrage, not me.

You don't seem to have any concept of how badly some people get jerked
around by these *******s.

That begs the question...why use them?

ROFL, what a JOKE!
You're in S.E QLD, you have NO direct personal experience here AT ALL!
But all the same - you decide to weigh in on a topic anyway.

So? does that mean no one can answer a post here unless they live in the
exact same area as the OP?

If these parasites had to *collect* payment, I have no doubt at all
they'd show a lot more motivation in getting those goods from point A
to point B in rural areas.

Simple... don't pay them till they deliver or better still use another
company.

Yeah, I suppose they're forging the invoices, right?

I'll tell you what happens. Salesman/office staff tell customer "yes sir we
can deliver that, it's in stock" do up invoice and it can occasionally be
misplaced, somewhere between the office and despatch. Or there's no stock
and no more is due in for a few days/weeks. No salesman is going to admit
that he made a promise that can't be kept.
Meanwhile customer doesn't get goods, so rings company, speaks to office,
they check and see the goods have been invoiced and so say the courier must
have the goods.
Hint: if goods don't arrive and you ring the supplier, always ask for
dispatch, never go through the front office.

Exactly, because you're just another one of them, and don't give a
flying shit about the recipient's lack of psychic powers that are
obviously required when dealing with these turds.

No, I'm one of them that gets called names and abused several times a day by
people with the same attitude as you, when most of cases, the supplier is
at fault or the customer has expectations beyond the realms of possibility.

If these companies would only tell you truthfully in advance (if
asked) that they cannot deliver to a town - or what procedure is
required to collect said item - I would have no complaint. None at
all.

But they won't, at least not the ones I have dealt with thus far.

The fact that you use a plural suggests you are having problems with
multiple couriers, which in turn leads me to think that perhaps the supplier
or your good self may be a little at fault.

The 'extra' information is *only* revealed well after they have your
goods, by which time it's far too late to do anything about it of
course. There hasnt been a single exception to this rule so far when
I have enquired beforehand.

The only problem-free exception relating to couriers has been Aus Air
Freight/Express (whichever it is) - which uses the Aus Post network
(here at least). No surprises whatsoever - the goods arrived exactly
as they said they would. Several long distance calls not required. No
need to phone back because they ignore your messages. It just arrives
at the post office, and you pick it up. It's fantastic.

Well there's your answer, why use some useless courier company?

I hope enough of your customers continue to give you the shits, as
they clearly do.

Yes, ones with your attitude do, but rest assured that I never let them know
to their face, I just do my best to help them and you know what, It's rarely
our fault and if it is I own up immediately, after all I see both sides of
the story.

No best wishes for xmas/new year, and this is my
last reply to you.

Merry Christmas to you, may 2009 be filled with deliveries done on time and
to your satisfaction.