Old 24-12-2008, 08:51 AM posted to aus.gardens
Barbara[_2_] Barbara[_2_] is offline

Default rural couriers (was cheap lawn aeration)

Loosecanon wrote:

Barbara makes no sense because if she has a contract to cart items
from A-B the price is quoted taking all factors into consideration
(time & vehicle upkeep). Here we have a price already supplied by the
courier company to have it delivered to the door. They should never
take on anything they can't make good on and should quote a price to
make the end couriers efforts at least profitable.

It makes no sense because you don't know how things go and what happens. I,
on the other hand know the story from both sides of the fence. As pointed
out I have a carrying company, I occasionally have to use couriers.

The point is, people lie. Suppliers lie, customers lie and we in the
transport industry are also guilty, there's no disputing that. Yes we give
quotes taking all factors told to us, but when you're told that something is
just 10 minutes off the highway and you've quoted taking those factor into
consideration, then when you do the delivery, you realise that the "10
minutes" off the highway is timed by the customer whilst flying his
helicopter or perhaps he has a Ferrari and that's how he does it in 10 mins
and that's just to his front gate, his house could be a further km on down a
goat track. Or you go out of your way to do a COD and the customer's wife
has the cheque book and she's gone to visit her mother, so that means a
second call to collect the money, that's not always factored in the price.