Old 24-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Janet Conroy Janet Conroy is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Broughton View Post
Janet Conroy wrote:

Just checked on Google and it was definitely a Grey Heron. The first
ever Great Blue Heron was sighted in the UK (on the Scilly Isles) only
last Dec. GBH's seem to be mainly confined to the Americas and the
Carribean. Whatever, greys are big buggers.

Glad you cleared that up. I was trying to find my English bird book
yesterday, and can't manage to locate it.

I also have a lurking sparrowhawk

(kestrel? :-))

in the back garden.

I had a Marsh Hawk (Northern Harrier) on the weekend. I was sure they'd
left here for the winter.
--
derek
Derek: no, definitely a sparrowhawk.