Old 24-12-2008, 04:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Charles Packer Charles Packer is offline

Default Herbicide no good in cold weather. Alternatives?

I wanted to use herbicide on a patch of my yard that
I'm preparing for a fall-planted meadow, but the
weather turned too cold for it to work. Now what?
The idea, as I read in various meadow how-tos, is to
rid the ground of weeds and plant the meadow mix so
it will be able to get a head start on weeds in the
spring. Will black plastic sheeting kill the weeds
in time? Or should I wait for the next warm spell
and try spraying again?

--
Charles Packer
http://cpacker.org/whatnews