Old 25-12-2008, 08:52 AM posted to aus.gardens
Dave -Turner[_3_] Dave -Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Does anybody know what this fruit is ?!?

There's a strange vine of some sorts that's growing alongside/inside my
passionfruit vine ... i don't know if it's the next door neighbours plant or
if it's just a weed, or what.

I pulled one off and was easily able to break it in half with my fingers to
take this photo so you can see inside and out:
http://i44.tinypic.com/10ie9ds.jpg

It's the size of a small apricot, has a smooth (not hairy) skin that is
apricot-orange, and has deep red seeds inside grouped together similar to
passionfruit, that remind me of those from a pomegranate. It looks very
tempting to eat and I love fruit, so hopefully it's edible, but obviously im
not going to eat it until i can identify it

Thanks! :-)