Old 25-12-2008, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Christmas Spirit

In message , Anne Welsh Jackson
writes
"Pete C" wrote:
Anne Welsh Jackson wrote:
"Pete C" wrote:
Anne Welsh Jackson wrote:

We make allowances for "christmas spirit"! ;-)

Ooh, you give malt allowances?

Depends on your preference. We currently have Linkwood,
Aberlour, Bowmore, Laphroaig, and chill-filtered Highland Park.
There might even be some Bruichladdich or Bunnahabhain
hiding in a corner somewhere...

If your taste is for Glenmorangie, or Glenfiddich, you won't
find it at this address. ;-)

I can't afford a decent malt these days, but when I could, it was
Glenfarclas. Of those you mention, I only know Laphroaig.

Bowmore, Bruichladdich, Bunnahabhain, and Laphroaig are
all Islay malts. From Speyside comes Aberlour and (since it's
made in Elgin) I suppose Linkwood is also technically "Speyside",
but I wouldn't argue about it. Highland Park comes from Orkney.

I was 'taught' to drink whisky one night, passing through, in Glasgow.
An hotel bar.....the longest I've ever seen with more optics than I could
count!

I shop for our "supplies" in Fife. There's a wee shop in Cupar,
with an amazing selection. I'll see what they have, that might
suit you, next week. I'm owe you a favour, after all! The parcel
arrived safely, and in time for the "grand opening"! ;-)

And don't forget the wonderful Lagavulin ... also from Islay. As am I
.... and am afraid to confess in public that I prefer Orkney's produce.
Oh the shame! I daren't tell my mother :-))

--
Gopher .... I know my place!