Old 26-12-2008, 03:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Mark_OK Mark_OK is offline

Default Storing rain water

I keep my plants indoors under lights in the winter and it is easier to keep
the humidity up so less watering. In the summer they are outside in a shade
house.

Average rainfall in my part of Oklahoma is 34 in. This year 53 in.

Last month we got .34 of precip.

In the summer I collect with two 55 gal. barrels. A couple weeks of 100+
temps they go fast.
In the winter I have two 32 gal. barrels on wheels that I can roll out and
bring back in to keep them from freezing.

My wife just shakes her head at how much time and effort I put into these
plants. But she sure does enjoy the show they put on.

"johnpierce79" wrote in message

Нow much water do you realy want to save? to me unless you are
getting a good supply of rain fall in which case saving water for dryer
periods may not be that advantagous, then small drums aren't going to
stay full for long.

--
johnpierce79