Old 26-12-2008, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Silver Birch

Judith in France wrote:
[]
Happy Christmas back to you and yours. p.s. Emrys, totally off topic,
but I posed a question re tax in a French group, can you point me to
one as you live in France too?

Hi Judith,

You are confusing me, as is easy to do here, with almost eponymous
urg regular Emrys Davies. (I suspect Emrys has greener fingers than
I, so I wouldn't want to give any of my advice the same weight as his.)
My moniker is Yankeefied: Emery Davis. (Actually my great-great
grandfather was a Russian emigrant, when he pronounced his name at
Ellis island in NY the dumbfounded clerk asked "Waddaya want,
Davis, Smith or Jones?" But that's another story!).

I don't know of a French-English tax forum. I have a couple of
accountants, one of whom specializes in international, I could
give you the number if you email me off line. (Reverse this and
remove the ats and dots: moctodakledatayreme). I believe my UK
taxable friends are not perceptible from French income in France,
but are required by treaty to declare it in the UK. Whether
they prefer to fly under the radar is another question. (Of course
if questions of VAT are concerned, it must be charged and remitted
in France for French sales; you would need to speak to an accountant
about that.)

Yes sounds like your Birches need a hack. Perfect time right now,
it must be cold at your house, the ground is even a little crunchy
(but still mostly squishy) here! It's pruning not planting for me
today.

-E