Old 26-12-2008, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_3_] 'Mike'[_3_] is offline

Default New Year's Day plant count

--
..
"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message , Martin
writes
On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 13:41:53 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

We usually try - don't always succeed - to go round the garden on NYD to
see
what is flowering on that day. I thought it might be interesting if
everyone on urg did that and compared notes, if they are feeling able to
do
so, of course. ;-))
For example, we have primroses out at present, as well as all the usual
suspects like Lonicera purpusii and Sarcococcas, Viburnum tinus etc. and
on
Christmas Eve we saw two tiny flowered daffs in someone's garden in
Ivybridge, about 30 mins down the A38 from here.

The neighbour's ginger Tom is out in our garden.

I spotted one on my fence this morning, waiting for birds.
The swine disappeared as soon as I put my hand on the door handle.

I got two cats with one cat-apult a few days ago. A tortoiseshell was
sat on the bottom fence, close to the fence shared with a neighbour.

I dropped into a leopard crouch, retrieved the gat from its resting place,
loaded a ball bearing and slid silently out of the side door in a way
which would have left Foggy Mildew amazed.
I took aim then rounded the corner and fired, the ball whistling through
the foliage 2" above the moggie. It disappeared over the fence,
followed a second later by a second one, the ginger Tom, which had been
lurking in the neighbour's garden.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Gordon. Skinned and cooked, they taste like Rabbit

Bon Appetite

Mike