Old 11-04-2003, 04:32 AM
Max

Default bamboo rookie....

Chris wrote:

I bought 5 gal Phylostachys Bambusoides (Giant Timber Bamboo)
for a section of my yard between a wall and concrete deck, and
I really wish I had gotten bigger plants. The ones I have now,
are good, but my buddy bought larger plants at the same
time and his performance is twice what mine have done.

Chris, did he use 15 gal. plants?

I want to plant 2 clumps of Oldhamii and I'm debating between buying
15 gal. or 24" boxes. The difference in price is significant - approx.
$200 vs. $450. Will I see a that much difference in growth to justify
the extra cost?