Old 11-04-2003, 04:44 AM
Bob

Default What to do with newly born Koi?

This is our second year for our pond and a little less than one month
ago we noticed what we thought was some of the fish spawning. For the
past week we have counted 7 baby Koi about one inch long. For the
last couple of days we've heard a bullfrog croaking at night, and am
concerned that our baby Koi are not going to last too long with him
around. What is the best method for catching them and what do I do
with them after we catch them?? Would a small aquarium suffice and
what kind of pump/areator should I use?? And what should I feed
them....they seem to be eating algae now. I'm not sure how they've
survived so long as they seem to be pretty brave as they venture out
about a foot away from the shallow part. I would sure appreciate any
advice ya'll could give us, as this is our first experience with
young'uns. Thanks in advance.
Bob and Susie in Gulf Shores, Al
You may see our pond at:

www.gulftel.com/seadogs