Old 28-12-2008, 04:54 PM
john lund john lund is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Gibson View Post
I'm currently rebuilding a Crittall greenhouse and have the same problem but being a retired Engineer I quickly found a solution.
I am using M6 x 20 (6mm dia x 20mm long) Galv Roofing bolts which have a large diameter but fairly flat dome head with cross slots. All you need to do is file two flats on the edge of the head in line with one of the slots so that the bolt slides into the slot in the framework. They are not expensive and readily available.
Regards,
Frank Gibson.
I have just moved my Crittall greenhouse and damaged or lost some of the special Crittall bolts. You will find quite a lot of these bolts can be replaced with ordinary Halls type or even galvanised bolts and nuts from an ironmongers as the head does not run in the channell. That should leave plenty of the Crittall ones to fit the channels which should do all you need.