Old 28-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Hcaterpillar Hcaterpillar is offline
Registered User

Location: Highlands of Scotland

I've eaten sorrel through most of the seasons, before after and during flowering (sparingly though, might I add). Loses it's taste a little toward the end of the year but other than that it's fine until the leaves redden at the autumn.
It's got a lot of oxalic acid in it though, just like rocket, so it's best not to overdo it. If you cook it apparently the oxalic acid is reduced, but so is the sharp taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hill View Post
I have several clumps of wild sorrel which is throwing up flower
shoots, they seem to be growing several inches a day.
I am wondering if they are edible whilst they are still in the "Spur"?
Has anyone tried them?
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries