Old 28-12-2008, 08:59 PM posted to aus.gardens
jules jules is offline

Default Does anybody know what this fruit is ?!?

The banana passionfruit I've eaten were long and more yellow than
orange, but it's some sort of passionfruit rootstock variety. I have a
mad rootstock invading my backyard, been trying to get rid of it for
years. I wouldn't be so cranky about it if it produced fruit of any
variety! Never planting a grafted passionfruit again, just not worth the
bother. The rootstock is way to invasive and useless.

good luck

jules

Dave -Turner wrote:
ok well I've tried it, and you're right -- it's not anywhere near as tasty
as the Nelly Kelly it's growing besides lol
I remember trying a banana passionfruit when i was young but it was longer
and more elongated than the apricot-shaped ones I've got ... I guess the
ones I've got are just a weed-like variety chosen simply for the quality of
its rootstock