Old 28-12-2008, 10:59 PM posted to aus.gardens
terryc terryc is offline

Default Bees gone for a break too?

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 08:04:07 +1100, jules wrote:

I don't use the dust, don't grow tomatoes coz my place is filthy with
fruit fly, but what about not dusting when the plants are actually in
flower? Don't know if that's practical, just a suggestion.

Apparently, that was what the directions said:- "do not use when bees are
foraging"

For your problem, have you lookd at DakPots, or wha ever they are called
now. Basically canite impregnated with poison and attactant forthe
males(?). They comethinking they have struck it lucky and end up
poisoned, die and are not availabel for the real females.

There are also trap attractants you can get. Take a plastic soft drink
bottle, cut of top, invert to make a funnel in top of rest of bottle and
load with bait/pongy stuff.

You also need to do basic stuff like collect all fallen fruit ASAP.