Old 29-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Janet Conroy Janet Conroy is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryc View Post
On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 02:19:01 +0000, Jonno wrote:

Hmm Yes, but WHEN do you dust.
I've done everything to attract bees, and get caught out with this stuff....
There must be a better way.

After the tomatoes have finished flowering as the bees will not be
visiting the tomato plants.
I don't know whether this has spread to the antipodes, but the US, UK and other parts of western Europe are suffering from "colony collapse disorder' where huge numbers of honey bees are dying - partly due to some mite that infests the hives. Without bees the world's food sources would dry up in a few years. It is SO important to do nothing that kills bees and everything we gardeners can to provide them with lots of food sources, especially nectar-rich plants,to keep them going.