Old 30-12-2008, 05:07 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden
mm[_1_] mm[_1_] is offline

Default How not to kill the grass?

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 10:20:53 -0500, "cshenk" wrote:

I did say that about half is pressure treated and half is not. I'd be
glad to give the wood away. I don't like to waste anything, and I
rarely do. It's 30 y.o. (covered in latex stain, but just two thin
coats) and I didn't think anyone would want it. Where do I find people
who would?

Freecycle may work and they will pickup. Thats a local list to hopefully
your area where folks give away stuff vice make more landfill. The person
who wants the stuff picks up. Be honest about the state of the wood and
offer to let them pick out just any pieces they find usable, and you'd
probably get 1/2 or more picked up.

Do mention most seems PT (not burnable, toxic fumes) and you are not sure on
the rest.

Wow, I did get one answer from Craig's list, and I asked him what he
planned to do with it, and he said, firewood, and I told him that
treated wood was poisonous, and he said, I'll have to look into that.

He spoke perfect English, no graammar errors, and that seemed to me
like the kind of person who would already know that it was poisonous,
but I guess there is too much to know, and plenty that each person
doesn't know.

If he never shows up, I'll be even more careful with any other caller.
If I ever advertise again, I'll say more in the ad itself. I thought
I was clear enogh when I said that the untreated wood was good for
mulch and firewood, and didn't list that for the treated wood.