Old 30-12-2008, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Silver Birch

On 30/12/08 13:13, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 12:25:25 +0000, Sacha wrote:

On 30/12/08 12:09, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 11:55:42 +0000, Sacha wrote:

On 30/12/08 11:32, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 03:09:53 -0800 (PST), Judith in France
wrote:

snip

. Do you grow
Melons?????

'Allo 'Allo code phrase for meet me in the shrubbery?

Charentais from the Charente ring a bell? ;-))

I was right then. )

Only to a very tortuous mind!

I watched a French main news item about the incredible amount of snow that
fell
in the Clermont Ferrand area yesterday. I looked at the Clermont Ferrand
webcam
just now and there is no sign of snow, (but plenty elsewhere) or Judith.

Pick a camera and find Judith?
http://www.meteo-mc.fr/webcams.php

Judith's broom stick?
http://www.meteo-mc.fr/webcam-Saint-Agreve.html

I believe that Clermont Ferrand is her closest town but that she lives
higher up and in a very snowy area. I can quite see why she won't be taking
part in the NYD flowering plants count! And speaking of which our Clematis
Napaulensis is in flower. It has very delicate greenish white bells with
long purple anthers and is easily overlooked because it's so subtle. And
it's scented! We have it growing up one pillar of a pergola on the Nursery
path and it's very pretty, IMO.
http://www.asianflora.com/Ranunculac...aulensis-3.jpg

--
Sacha