Old 30-12-2008, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider Spider is offline

Default My Garden in the Auvergne

"Judith in France" wrote in message
These are the broken Silver Birch branches with the weight of snow in
the back garden and the front drive shows that I can't get out!!

http://i43.tinypic.com/103zbic.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/zxw769.jpg

Pretty isn't it.

Judith

Breathtakingly lovely!

It's an odd thing, but birches have a reputation for bending, not breaking,
but mine are always shedding dead wood, and yours have definitely broken -
albeit with considerable provocation. :~(

You have a lovely outlook, Judith, and it looks very pretty covered in snow.
I just hope you've got provisions to last a week or two.

Spider