Old 30-12-2008, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
keith kent keith kent is offline

Default Postage up again

"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message , keith kent
writes

This subject is totally off topic,but anyway my thoughts are that the
majority of pensioners are doing o.k alot have or had property with alot
of
equity to fall back on & not doing to bad from the state.
For todays young generation they have no chance of the fortunate times of
the past,they are more likely to find themselves in neg equity & in debt
with no private pension.
So i am sure a few pence going to Royal mail for what i think is a superb
service is not going to break the bank.

We would be lost without them .
Keith

I agree, but my local PO has closed.
I will buy a stock of stamps before the price increase, as a hedge.

There, nicely back on topic.

However, it is a blow to thousands of pensioners who are in a less
fortunate position than I. My 2nd class stamps cost me about a
tenner this year, there goes £10 of food for some, and that's before you
buy the cards.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

I am not affected by cards , i only send to close family ,friends and i see
them to give them .