Old 01-01-2009, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default NYD plant count reminder

In article ,
says...
So - what's flowering in your garden on New Year's Day? ;-)

Happy New Year to you all.
Here is my list for 1st January 2009, all out doors. Rather surprised
there is as much as its been cold and I do not plant stuff for this time
of year, also surprising is what is not on the list - no snowdrops,
daffodils, celandines, and even Camellia St Ewe is still in tight bud

Abutilons - megapotamicum, milleri, Kentish Belle, Wisley Red and Nabob.
Acacia retonoides (been flowering since July)
Berberis dawinii
Buddleja salvifolia Alba
Clematis - cirrhosa balearica, Freckles, fasiculiflora, and a late flower
on John Warren!
Clianthus puniceus (this is lagged in bright red flowers)
Coronilla valentina (looking and smelling lovely)
Correas - alba and harrisii
Cytisus Porlock
Chaenomeles Crimson and Gold
Cyclamen coum album
Delairea oderata (Wafting the marzipan scent each time the sun comes out)
Escallonia Golden Brian
Fuchsia magellanica
Garrya elliptica
Helleborous various hybrids plus x sternii, argutifolius, and foetidus
Iris stylosa (they have changed its name but I prefer the old one!)
Isoplexis canariensis (still a few flowers - it started end of May)
Lapageria rosea (several)
Lavatera maritima
Lonicera x pupusii
Mahonia x media
Pandorea jasminoides Rosea superba (still opening flowers whenever the
sun comes out)
Pandorea Golden Showers
Perennial Stocks
Phlomis fruiticosa
Polygala
Primrose (just one flower!)
Roses, Bonica, Cornellia, Fiona, Alberic Barbier, Francoise Juranville
Rosemarinus Severn Seas
Salvia guaranitica Black & Blue
Senna corymbosa (tail end now and its not enjoying the cold)
Solanum laxum Album
Sollya heterophylla
Symphytum ibericum
Viburnum x bodentense Dawn
Vincas - majus variegata, difformis alba, & Jenny Pimm

Garden still looks a bit tatty and bleak from the windows!!

--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk