Old 01-01-2009, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New Year's Day plant count

In message , Granity
writes

We usually try - don't always succeed - to go round the garden on NYD
see
what is flowering on that day. I thought it might be interesting if
everyone on urg did that and compared notes, if they are feeling able
do
so, of course. ;-))

I don't really have a winter flowering garden but I have 2 clumps of
purple heather in flower and a Mahonia looking nice and cheerful.

You've done better than me - all I have flowering is a winter jasmine.
Plus, as a houseplant, an impatiens that's been flowering since April,
and flowers on Anisodontea capensis and Anisodontea x hypomadura that I
brought indoors to overwinter.

But would it be heather (Calluna vulgaris) or winter heath (Erica
carnea) that you have flowering?
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley