Old 01-01-2009, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
catkin catkin is offline

Default raised beds

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can make these out of please?
I've been using some made of old chopped up pallets which I joined together
using various metal "bits" but these have had it now and I'd like to make
something slightly more aesthetically pleasing. My first thought was railway
sleepers but these (untreated) seem prohibitably expensive - especially
delivered to Somerset. I also thought about scaffolding planks but cannot
find anywhere selling these. Any suggestions would be most welcome. TIA,

--
Hayley
gardening on clay in Somerset