Old 01-01-2009, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Greenhouse Glazing options

"Gary Woods" wrote after...
Barry75 wrote:

New to this site and must say it's great.I am in the process of buying
a greenhouse and wondering whats the difference between horticulture
glass and toughened glass

Are any of you using the various double/triple wall polycarbonate glazing
options? Mind you, I'm in the northeastern American colonies, and winters
are a bit colder, assuming I want to at least grow hardy greens year
round.
I'm currently using a cheapo tubing frame/plastic cover house, perhaps 8
by
6 feet, and the R-factor is, if anything, negative! There's a bok choi
hanging on somehow, but not growing at this point.

Our little self built greenhouse has a twin walled polycarbonate roof.
Doesn't seem to bother the plants, some do grow a bit leggy but that's more
likely because it's on the N. side of our garage, overshadowed by a good
sized Camellia tree, and very crowded in there.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden