Old 01-01-2009, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default raised beds

Hayley wrote ..
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can make these out of
please? I've been using some made of old chopped up pallets which I joined
together using various metal "bits" but these have had it now and I'd like
to make something slightly more aesthetically pleasing. My first thought
was railway sleepers but these (untreated) seem prohibitably expensive -
especially delivered to Somerset. I also thought about scaffolding planks
but cannot find anywhere selling these. Any suggestions would be most
welcome. TIA,

Phone round some local scaffolding firms and ask what they do with their old
planks, health and safety makes them replace them if only slightly damaged.
They might even deliver them if you're lucky.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden