Old 01-01-2009, 04:45 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default Visited by A GBH Today

Here's a shot taken in June from a similar angle (bedroom window) (Nick, the
2nd link is to a thumbnail picture but it is awfully small. I need to
research doing this some more. Sorry, I'm on dial up as well.)

That's mint in the filterfalls and cannas planted behind. Pickerel,
variegated grasses, etc. Limited direct sunlight so I have to only grow
lilies needing partial sun - Cherokee, Texas Dawn, Virginalis. On a good day
we'll have between 8 - 10 blooms out. Not had any luck with red ones (James
Bryant sp?) or lotus but I attribute this more to my koi being less tolerate
to me introducing new plants. I'd posted earlier last year about being
visited by a water moccasin.

Thanks for the interest.

JB

http://www.tinypic.info/files/77xipnu171wa1i57cvma.jpg

http://www.tinypic.info/files/77xipn...cvma_thumb.jpg

"~ jan" wrote in message
On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 06:31:10 EST, "JB" wrote:

Thanks to Nick for his suggestion on posting a picture of the GBH that
visited my pond today. Here's the link. (Hope it works) ---
http://www.tinypic.info/files/fv88rltjl23oh6mgagbd.jpg

The pond is built into a slope, 20 feet long and 12 feet at it's widest
point. 3,000 gallons. 4 feet at the deepest point. Using a Bio falls
filter.

JB

Great shot JB, do you have a summer picture you can put up? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us