Old 02-01-2009, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider Spider is offline

Default My Garden in the Auvergne

"Judith in France" wrote in message
On Dec 30 2008, 10:15 pm, "Spider" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in

These are the broken Silver Birch branches with the weight of snow in
the back garden and the front drive shows that I can't get out!!

http://i43.tinypic.com/103zbic.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/zxw769.jpg

Pretty isn't it.

Judith

Breathtakingly lovely!

It's an odd thing, but birches have a reputation for bending, not
breaking,
but mine are always shedding dead wood, and yours have definitely broken -
albeit with considerable provocation. :~(

You have a lovely outlook, Judith, and it looks very pretty covered in
snow.
I just hope you've got provisions to last a week or two.

Spider

We have a huge pantry, as big as a kitchen!!!! We have spares of
everything. Last night's snow didn't arrive and it is very mild today
so I can get out. It is beautiful here, I have the valley in front of
me with views of the mountains and volcanoes and the Livrados Foret in
my back garden, it is a beautiful and haunting place to live.

Judith

Sounds very peaceful. I do hope the volcanoes are dormant, though.
I'm glad to hear you've got milder weather at last; perhaps you'll see your
snowdrops after all.

Spider