Old 02-01-2009, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default raised beds

In message , catkin
writes
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can make these out of
please? I've been using some made of old chopped up pallets which I
joined together using various metal "bits" but these have had it now
and I'd like to make something slightly more aesthetically pleasing. My
first thought was railway sleepers but these (untreated) seem
prohibitably expensive - especially delivered to Somerset. I also
thought about scaffolding planks but cannot find anywhere selling
these. Any suggestions would be most welcome. TIA,

The thought of using hypertufa slabs for making raised beds has crossed
my mind. Does anyone know anything about the practicability of this?
(Would they be too fragile? Would they leak too much lime into the
soil?)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley