Old 02-01-2009, 10:55 PM posted to aus.gardens
Greg William Greg William is offline

Default Leathery Vine Weed - Whta is it

Thanks Terry,

That is what it is and I have checked with the council (Website) and it is a
Noxious Weed.

The place next door is rented out and getting them to get rid of it would be
like pulling teeth.!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Greg
"terryc" wrote in message
On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 08:01:12 +1100, Greg William wrote:

Hi,

My neighbour has this Vine (weed) growing .

It has a shiny leathery, dark green leaf and has these nodules on the
vine that start growing when left on the ground.

Pototo vine, also called Madeira vine

It is a very fast growing weed and is choking my palms out. I have tried
roundup but it just keeps coming back.

All you can do is keep cutting it off at the fence. To control this pest,
you sit one your arse on the ground and pick up/out every bit of root and
nodule.

Roundup and other sprays do not work as it has a waxy coating on the leaf
and that prevents take up.

Try film canisters , or similar, with a bit of round up in them. cut the
growing tiop and tie it in the containers. It might suck a bit back down
the roots and make it sick.

I'd talk to my neighbour about removing it. If no luck, have a talk to
your local council as some classify it as noxious and require removal.