Old 03-01-2009, 07:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Mark[_9_] Mark[_9_] is offline

Default Eggplant - which best colder areas

We live near Vancouver, BC and have been trying to grow eggplants for the
last two summers. First year nothing and last year we had one eggplant on
five plants.

Does anybody know of a good variety to grow in a Northern climate? I'm
ready to order seeds and want to try something new. We're hoping for a
warmer summer this year (the last two were milder than normal) so that
might help.

Any hints on growing them would be appreciated also. The wife read a lot
about them last year and we tried some different methods of growing - but
to no luck (well, maybe a little luck - the one edible eggplant gave me
hope for this year!).

Gratefully,
Mark Thompson