Old 03-01-2009, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default New Year's Day plant count

In message , Granity
writes

Spider;826494 Wrote:

I don't really have a winter flowering garden but I have 2 clumps of
purple heather in flower and a Mahonia looking nice and cheerful.

-- -
Granity-

Which Mahonia do you have? Mine is M. japonica, and looking lovely
just
now.

Spider

It is, according to the garden centre, 'Charity' (it had lost its
label)
[/i][/color]
Yellow flowers and purplish berries later...
Mine is Charity.
The advice on gardening programmes is usually to go for shape in winter,
rather than colour, but I somehow never planted any conifers.
It would have provided shelter/roosts for small birds...
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply