Old 05-01-2009, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Seeds of Italy

On 4/1/09 23:27, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 23:02:28 +0000, Sacha wrote:

On 4/1/09 21:32, in article
, "Pete C"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
I've had a tantalising catalogue from
www.seedsofitaly.com For those
growing their own veg and herbs it has some delicious looking things
in it.
Mmmm, looks very interesting. I know I must order seeds soon, but from
where? The choice is mind numbing!

Well, I'm going to order some from these people for ourselves.

Are they really an Italian company? They have no contact address in Italy.

http://www.franchisementi.it/

"By the time of the mutiny on the bounty in 1789, Giovanni Franchi was
already 6 years into his business of selling seeds around the market squares
of Parma from his horse drawn cart, and the company is still in the same
family 226 years later with Giampiero Franchi at the helm.
Franchi are the oldest family run seed company in the world and are much
more than just seeds in a packet * they are a story of tradition,
experience, quality, passion and excellence handed down over 7 generations
that continues today alongside state-of-the-art technological solutions.
Franchi themselves have sole responsibility for maintaining 70 important
varieties and most of our veg seed is commissioned, not bought in. The
farmer is given original Franchi stock seeds, is regularly visited and must
meet strict standards. An incredible 90% of our vegetable seeds are still
produced in Italy (many in their home regions still) and our seed is tested
rigorously, which is why our catalogue comes out in January."
http://www.seedsofitaly.com/

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com