Old 07-01-2009, 07:17 AM posted to aus.gardens
loosecanon loosecanon is offline

Default permaculture design course recommendation

thanks for the advice :-), but i don't have a garden :-(, land is an
expensive luxury so i grow everything on my window sills. i want to
learn how to grow things optimally in urban spaces. i also want to
help others do it... possibly make a living out of it, so will need a
qualification. Plus, it might make a nice holiday :-) out of the
concrete jungle.

I completed the PDC over 10 years ago and I don't think what you want will
be covered in the overall course. You maybe lucky to find someone that may
do a course that is suited to you if you can find a Permaculture Teacher
that is city based.

Perhaps the cofounder David Holgrem would be a good bet. He has a property
of several acres but does grow things in his house.

Was a frenchman on Gardening Australia a while ago who creates indoor and
outdoor landscapes on walls of buildings. Perhaps his ideas could be used to
grow edible plants. He has a website
http://www.verticalgardenpatrickblanc.com/mainen.php