Old 07-01-2009, 03:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Lawn fertilizer prices skyrocket

I checked out the "turf builder" fertilizers at the BORG. A Lesco bag
of fertilizer that covers 12,000 sq feet is $57. I would need 3 bags
to cover the lawn, so with tax that runs $190. Last year it was less
than $60. Most of the bags were covered with bird crap on them and
had holes large enough to spill out the contents. I guess nobody else
is buying either.