Old 07-01-2009, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Night time temps

On 7/1/09 10:51, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 10:47:02 +0000, Sacha wrote:

On 7/1/09 10:38, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 10:16:50 +0000, Sacha wrote:

-6C here last night and a white start to the day.

It's thawed here and is around +4C

Someone sent this to another group - wonderful photos but not much going on
there in the way of gardening!

You forgot the photos, Sacha.

Sigh. The times I do that! My apologies.
http://www.nos.nl/nosjournaal/artike...aatsfotos.html

Nor here, I may say.

The birds have been sowing bird seed. There is a brand of mixed seed that is
sold by our local garden centre that none of the birds will eat. I suspect it
contains pesticide or mold.

It's very dangerous for them to be given old or mouldy seed. And in this
dry weather we need to remember to put out shallow dishes of water for them.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com