Old 07-01-2009, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default when are lemons ripe?

On 7/1/09 22:27, in article ,
"Rusty_Hinge" wrote:

The message
from news-search
contains these words:

In fruits there are many methods t understand when they are ripen.
I specifically don't know those of citrus fruits,
but using them enough I think you can easily understand if they are
ripen because of the not ripen ones are so tough and you don't succeed
in taking enough juice from them.
For the same reason if you try to compress them, you realize they are
more, or less tough. Of course if their peel is thick is more difficult
to make this simple test.

Simple test is to see if they 'come orft in yer 'and, missus...'

Yes, that's the way we judge it. ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com