Old 08-01-2009, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Johnson Alan Johnson is offline

Default Night time temps

Sacha wrote:
-6C here last night and a white start to the day.

It was about -20°C here in northern Germany two nights ago. The lowest
temperature was recorded about 50 miles away at -28°C (Bad Lippspringe).
It was only about -15°C last night. I haven't seen the good side of
freezing point for over a week. It rarely climbs above -10°C during the
day. My leeks look dead. I'm just glad the price of heating oil has
fallen. We've just ordered 4000 litres for around £2000. In the spring
3000 litres cost us around £3000.

Regards

--
Alan Johnson, Geotr@ns