Old 11-04-2003, 10:56 AM
Ophelia

Default Ceanothus problem

"Hussein M." wrote in message

Sorry Ceanothus, it seems to me you try to be garish but somehow end
up insipid.There are many species in your genus and I note that most
(perhaps all?) come from California. Hmmm. In the Chaparral and a
light different from our own, you might have some charm but with the
Aconitum carmichaelii just planted close by, you have a dangerous (in
more ways than one) rival this year singing the summer blues in an
English garden.

*sobbing* it is not my fault. You put me in this corner and I have done my
very very best. I put out my very best colours and you call me garish. I
din't ask to be brought here. I didn't ask to be planted here next to this
blowsy A.carmichaeli which hides my subtlty and has no shame. Very well,
so be it. I have loved my time here but if you deny the chance of existence
I must abide by it. I shall pray to the plant god when I am in that Garden
above and may all your leaves fall off

Ceanothus