Old 10-01-2009, 04:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
AndyS AndyS is offline

Default Edible Landscaping - what to plant northside?

Andy comments:

I'm no expert, but the main thing is to give the veggies "yuppee"
names
so your SO, or neighbors, won't know what you are doing.

For instance, summer squash, which is beautiful with large yellow
flowers, is called "Scandinavian Sunset Plant"

Okra, which is tall, green and beautiful large white flowers,
becomes
"Japanese Orchid Plant "

Cucumbers and cantalope, which have spreading vines with large
green leaves that can be made to grow on vertical trellisses is called
" Asian Climbing Ivy"

But remember, you have to remember to pick the veggies off before
anyone sees them.......

I was late picking from my own Scandanavian Sunset plant one morning
last summer, and my wife figured out I had vegetables growing in the
front yard. I can't do that any more.....

Andy in Eureka, Texas