Old 10-01-2009, 06:26 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Leopold Stotch Leopold Stotch is offline

Default Italian Stone Pine

Take a look at this paper:

http://hort.ufl.edu/trees/PINPINA.pdf

Take a special look at the second page which shows the potential range
of the Italian Stone Pine and make sure you live within (or at least
near) it's potential range. If so, transplant it early spring, after
the danger of a hard freeze has passed but don't wait too late as it
need to establish itself before any hot dry weather occurs.

wrote:
Hello everyone,

I was given a small potted Italian pine as a gift and I want to plant
it outside if possible.

I did a little googling but couldn't find info on when and how to
transplant from a pot to the outdoors.

I'm near Richmond Virginia and I'm not sure it will survive outside,
especially if I try to plant it outside now.

Any advice and info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

VV