Old 10-01-2009, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Shade loving perennials

"rabc" wrote..

Shade loving low growing perennials required.......after paying pounds
out every year for bedding plants i have decided to take the plunge and
fill one border with perennials , the border in question is right
outside my window which gets very little sunshine any recommendations
appreciated.....Thanks

Depends on what depth of shade we are talking about, is it directly under a
conifer hedge (i.e deep shade) or just doesn't get any sun but is open
aspect (i.e open to the sky). Most of my garden in the back is almost the
latter, only gets very early morning sun in the summer and a band of sun
moving across it later in the day, and I have yet to find anything that
doesn't grow there. Some plants seem to prefer it.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden