Old 10-01-2009, 10:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_3_] Zootal[_3_] is offline

Default Secure browsers [was: SEED and Bulb Souces]

wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 10:56:23 -0500, Bill R
wrote:

[...]

MANY of us refuse to use Internet Explorer because of all the security
holes in it and if a site does not work in Firefox I won't visit it.

Count me in to the IE refuseniks.

What do you think of the new Google Chrome? In general, I avoid
anything relating to Google -- talk about security holes! -- but
wonder what people's experience has been with Chrome.

Persephone.

Likewise. IE is evil.

I tried Chrome, but I'm using XP64, and Chrome has too many issues with
XP64. I used Opera for a while, but found nothing that persuaded me to leave
Firefox. I'm actually using Minefield, the 64 bit version of FireFox.

I think the "button to the left" is actually the picture of the catalog or
whatever is being advertised. It's not really a button, but a linked image -
the wording on the website is not as good as it could be.