Old 11-01-2009, 06:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Forked carrots

In article ,
wrote:

Lawn grass or wild grasses?

Just plain ole' lawn grass.

Persephone

Take a look at
http://oregonstate.edu/dept/ncs/news...Vegetable.html
Excerpt:
Gardeners are often dismayed when they harvest hairy or misshapen
carrots. Imperfect carrots, or carrots with multiple roots - many of
them twisted around each other - may come from several causes, including
spacing, soil type, fertility, pests and disease.

My other thought was the use of chemicals on the lawn. It could lead to
a salt build up, if nothing else. Since "chemfets" would tend to sterize
the soil, I presume that as an attentive gardener you prepared the
garden beds first.
http://www.childsplayorganiclawns.co...ues/chart.html

Good luck.

Billy
Republican and Democratic "Leadership" Behind Bars