Old 11-01-2009, 08:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Secure browsers [was: SEED and Bulb Souces]

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 14:26:32 -0800, "Zootal"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 10:56:23 -0500, Bill R
wrote:

[...]

MANY of us refuse to use Internet Explorer because of all the security
holes in it and if a site does not work in Firefox I won't visit it.

Count me in to the IE refuseniks.

What do you think of the new Google Chrome? In general, I avoid
anything relating to Google -- talk about security holes! -- but
wonder what people's experience has been with Chrome.

Persephone.

Likewise. IE is evil.

I tried Chrome, but I'm using XP64, and Chrome has too many issues with
XP64. I used Opera for a while, but found nothing that persuaded me to leave
Firefox. I'm actually using Minefield, the 64 bit version of FireFox.

I've been an Opera user for years, dual users always mention
that Opera out of the box will do what Firefox needs plugins
for... Can't say first hand, Firefox won't run on my
computer/OS.

I've heard that you should look for "Iron". Suppose to be
Chrome without Googles crap (shrug).

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b