Old 11-01-2009, 08:04 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
mrongey mrongey is offline

Default A victory of sorts

On Nov 29 2008, 12:48*pm, "SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote:
I've been warring with gophers. *Today, I caught my first one in a trap..
There's finess involved in placing the trap, and knowledge of how gophers do
their tunnels. *And those little traps would surely be nasty to get caught
in accidentally. *Will try it again on one in the front yard that has a big
excavation underway under the creeping mulberry. *I think the cooler weather
has brought them out more.

They are cute little guys, but boy do they cause damage.

Steve

--
Keep an eye on them or lose them:

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,
or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to
petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The best success I have had with getting rid of moles is using the
bait and applicator from http://www.mole-be-gone.com

Hope this helps!