Old 12-01-2009, 08:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Question from a newby

The message
from "Kathy" contains these words:

I've been lurking for a bit, but now I've got a question to ask please.

Morning, Kathy.

My friend and I took on an allotment in November. We have started clearing
it, but have been invaded by moles! Any ideas on non-harmful ways of
discouraging them? We've asked them nicely to go and burrow through the
bits we haven't dug yet but they wont play.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but (as a onetime molecatcher) I know of no
way of discouraging them other than to trap them.

*UNLESS* you know someone who keeps ferrets.

Make a strong infusion of cleanings from the hutch, and liberally water
round the plot with it.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig