Old 12-01-2009, 05:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Williams[_3_] Bob Williams[_3_] is offline

Default Need I.D. Of Leaves

Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:
Bob Williams wrote:
Garrapata wrote:

[...]
the Catalina Cherry is evergreen it's leaf is leathery and glossy and
doesn't change color. Cut a fruit in half, the cherry has one seed,
crabapple looks like a little apple.

AHA! Well that settles it.
A Crabapple it is!
I tasted the fruit and it has an interesting tart flavor.
Just the thing that would make a tasty jelly.
I have always heard of Crabapple Jelly but have never tasted it before.
Thanks for the heads-up on the two species.
Bob

Just the thing to make hard cider out of... which is why Johnny
Appleseed planted so many apple trees. ;-)

I hadn't thought much about Johnny's motivation, but it makes sense. :-)
Bob