Old 12-01-2009, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Question from a newby

"Kathy" wrote
I've been lurking for a bit, but now I've got a question to ask please.

My friend and I took on an allotment in November. We have started
clearing it, but have been invaded by moles! Any ideas on non-harmful
ways of discouraging them? We've asked them nicely to go and burrow
through the bits we haven't dug yet but they wont play.
TIA

A friend of mine used to import a produce called "Mole Away" from the USA
which people said worked well, unfortunately DEFRA found out and told him it
needed testing at enormous cost in order to be sold here. Uneconomic to
continue so he stopped importing it.
Thing is, it was basically Caster Oil, which you poured into the run and the
smell drove the animals away.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden